Tuesday, November 6, 2001

the story of my fantasy obsession

Dear Diary.
Has been a long while, hasn't it? Well now I am fixing up my assignment which I just know I'm gonna get back for another try. Yesterday I read the book "The Hobbit" by Tolkien which was really good. The reason for reading it is the fact that I'm starting on "The Lord of the Rings" now. I really love fantasy litterature especially because of the magical creatures. My favourite creatures, however, are unicorns.
Why am I actually into this? Well, you would never had guessed it before. But it HAS been in me all these years, I just haven't had the time and will to begin "practising" my slight obsession. It all started with two movies. I haven't read the books that they were based on yet, but I am planning to. These books were "Brothers Lionheart" by Astrid Lindgren and "The Last Unicorn" by Peter S. Beagle. The love for fantasy was further enhanced by a lot of Disney films through the years, but mostly by seeing the movie based on "The Neverending Story" by Michael Ende and the movie "Krull". In addition to these I did read a book from a series of books about 5-6 years ago. I don't remember the name of the author, but the books were of mostly dragons and humans as I remember. I think they were written by a woman, but I don't remember her name. If anyone does, please drop me a line!
I would be most grateful.
Well, now I gotta go work, so that I can go on reading tonight! See ya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment